A peach margarita dialed up for the summer; just what I need for this Texas heat!
I recently made this Peach Margarita for a potluck barbq. Needless to say it was well received and thought I’d share since several guests asked for the recipe. It’s actually pretty simple. My goal in making it was to come up with something “sweet and fancy” enough for the ladies but still maintained enough manly qualities to allow the fellas to keep their dignity intact (no pinky fingers up!)
The recipe came about as I was craving some peach cobbler, had a bunch of tequila in the house, and was blasting El Gran Combo through my headphones (and no I don’t Salsa dance but I do make a mean Salsa Roja) so when it came time to create a cocktail for the a peach margarita made sense.
For a party or larger group feel free to plus up the ingredients, replacing the nectar with a peach infused simple syrup and adding more water.
- 1 oz Limes (juiced)
- 2 Peach slices
- 1 tbsp Peach Nectar (find in the Latina section of any major grocery store)
- 2 ounces Tequila (Reposada or Blanco)
- Chopped Fresh Basil (optional)
- Add lime juice, peach nectar, and tequila in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Rub rim of cocktail glass with lime wedge. Hold glass upside down and dip into plate of kosher salt
- Shake and strain drink into glass and serve with peach slices and basil.