Delicious vegan taco recipe perfect for meatless tacos Tuesday.
I could eat these roasted vegetable tacos every day! So simple to make and very filling, and a great excuse to put a cool, tasty salsa on top.
My favorite tacos are traditional carne asada with cilantro, onions, and lime juice. These vegetable tacos are meatless and feature a funky twist on pico de gallo. Instead of your standard fare, I use a medley of heirloom cherry tomatoes and diced peaches which pair well with the different vegetables including the cauliflower, zucchini, and portabella mushrooms.
These vegan tacos are easy to make and are perfect for your next taco Tuesday or meatless Monday. Making them is as simple as seasoning the vegetables with salt, pepper, and chili powder and roasting them in the oven. If the roasted version ain’t funky enough for you, try grilling or smoking these to add another level of flavor.
Roasted Vegetables Tacos Ingredients
- Chili Powder
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Vegan Tacos (step by step)
Step 1: Toss zucchini, mushrooms, and cauliflower in olive oil. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Roast at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes stirring occasionally
Step 2: Add cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, and peaches in a mixing bowl. Add lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well.
Step 3: Assemble the tacos and top with salsa.
Serve these with rice and/or beans. Try either of these recipes as a side:
Expert Cooking Tips for Vegan Tacos
- If the roasted version ain’t funky enough for you, try grilling or smoking these to add another level of flavor.
- Okra, carrots, broccolini, or poblano peppers are great alternative veggies for these tacos
- Choose your favorite type of tortilla or skip the carbs and make a taco bowl.
For other similar recipes you might like try these:
For the Tacos
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium corn or flour tortillas
- 1 medium avocado cut into cubes
For the Salsa
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled and diced
- 1 whole peach pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped finely
- 1 jalapeno seeded,de-veined, and diced
- 2 whole limes juiced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Roast the Vegetables
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large low sided baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss zucchini, portabellas, and cauliflower in a mixing bowl with olive oil. Remove from bowl and place on the baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Toss to coat. Roast, stirring occasionally, in the oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
Make the Salsa
- Add cherry tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, and peaches, to mixing bowl.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to the vegetables and mix well.
Finish the tacos
- Wrap tortillas, in two stacks, with aluminum foil. Place into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Fill each warmed tortilla with vegetables and salsa. Top with avocado. Serve with extra salsa on the side.