Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 2 pound acorn squash - halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey maple syrup or agave work well also
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile commercial chili powder can be used as a substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Arrange acorn squash slices on rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil and honey over acorn squash slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar, chile powder salt and pepper.
Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.1mg