Servings: 6 people
Preheat the oven to 425º F. Cut the sweet potatoes in half and then cut each half into four equal sized wedges. Arrange the sweet potato wedges on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season the sweet potato wedges with salt and pepper.
Place sweet potatoes into the preheated oven and roast until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium or place a cast-iron stovetop grill pan over medium heat.
Grill until golden brown on all sides about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter;
Mix together salt, pepper, lime juice, zest, maple syrup, and chili powder; add oil to the mixture slowly and mix well. Brush mixture on sweet potatoes, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into large wedges then wash them with cold water
- The key to these grilled wedges is pre-cooking the sweet potatoes.
- If using an outdoor grill, preheat the grill grates to get them sufficiently hot before placing the wedges down. Also, wipe them down using paper towel dabbed with oil. This will prevent the wedges from sticking and also net pretty grill marks
- If using an indoor stovetop grill spray with non-stick cooking spray first
- Cutting the sweet potatoes into rounds is actually easier to cook as far as avoiding burnt edges, but wedges rule for overall results
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6195IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel