Servings: 4 people
Make the Cauliflower
Heat skillet on medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes until they brown a little and become translucent.
Add the garlic and ginger with a 1/3 the spice mix. Mix well and sauce 30-60 seconds.
Add the habanero, then the thyme, bay leaf and tomatoes with their juices. Add another 1/3 spice mix and mix well. Cook about 2-3 minutes to reduce the juices from the tomatoes.
Add coconut milk. Let cook 2-3 minutes.
Add cauliflower and let simmer until preferred tenderness 15-20 minutes. Start using the fork test after about 10 minutes of cooking. Add the remaining spice mix about halfway.
Finish the cauliflower by grating some of the zest into the finished dish.
Serve over rice with fresh parsley or cilantro and some lime juice.
- Choose fresh cauliflower. Blemishes or browning of any sort indicate old cauliflower.
- Chop the floret as small and evenly as possible. Smaller florets cook faster and are easier to chew without having to cut them during eating.
- Time permitting saute the cauliflower on medium high heat in olive oil for 5 minutes before adding to the curry. This is an optional “level up” step. Don’t fret if you don’t have the time or want to keep things simple, as the recipe is still delicious without the step.
- Deglaze the pan with the diced tomatoes
- Season at every step, but use your own judgement as to how much seasoning you prefer to use.
- After about 10 minutes of cooking poke the florets with a fork to test for desired texture. You want tender cauliflower, but with a little bit of bite to them. You’ll have to check a few times to get to your preferred texture.
- Add lime zest at the end of cooking to brighten the dish
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 1378mg | Potassium: 1029mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1796IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 5mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel