Servings: 4 people
Heat Instant Pot on "Normal" Saute settings. Once pot is "hot" add olive oil.
Add onions and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes.
Add beef along with the seasonings and brown fully stirring to ensure there is no pink remaining. Turn off sauté function
Add 1/2 cup water plus pasta sauce but don’t stir
Half the spaghetti strands and add in criss-cross segments on top of the ground beef and liquid ingredients.
Add one cup of water into the empty pasta jar then pour into the pot using the water to rinse out the remaining pasta sauce. DON'T STIR.
Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes
Release pressure using the quick-release method then stir
- Use a pasta sauce with strong flavor since you’ll need to dilute it with water in order to cook the pasta fully. Feel free to doctor the sauce by adding seasonings like dried herbs, paprika, etc.
- If sauce is too runny after cooking then use the saute function to reduce the sauce to a thicker consistency.
- Long spaghetti strings clump together easily when cooking in Instant Pot. To avoid this lay the spaghetti in the pot in criss cross fashion. For the same clumsiness reason don’t stir the pasta once you’ve added it to the pot.
- Deglaze the pot removing the brown bits after cooking the ground beef to avoid the dreaded “burn” notice from the Instant Pot
- Break the spaghetti in half before cooking to fit in the pot
- Eat immediately after cooking for maximum flavor.
Calories: 794kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1557mg | Potassium: 1174mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1167IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 6mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel