Servings: 4 people
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place empty sheet pan in the oven while you prep the vegetables.
Place the potatoes and green beans on a baking sheet. Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic together with all of the spices and pour over the potatoes and green beans. Using your hands stir the pieces to ensure all are well coated.
Add the new potatoes to the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for another 30 minutes. The potatoes should be tender and slightly crisp and the green beans should be browned and crisp, perhaps even shriveled a bit. Serve.
- Add the ingredients in stages. New potatoes will take longer to cook so add the greens about 15 minutes after the potatoes have been cooking
- Be mindful of how you cut the potatoes. Strive for uniform and medium size pieces to ensure even cooking. Too small pieces will burn and too large will be undercooked.
- Eliminate any excess moisture from the vegetables to allow for better/quicker browning. Similarly don't overcrowd the pan
- If cooking proteins with the dish choose one that has a similar cooking time or follow above rules for staging. Note salmon cooks about the same length as green beans
- Pre-heat the pan before adding veggies which will help create that caramelized crispiness as well as decrease the cook time
- Add some good smoked paprika to the veggies to mimic the smokiness you would get from the grill
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 596mg | Potassium: 746mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1215IU | Vitamin C: 40.6mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel