Servings: 4 people
Saute red onions and daikon over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
Add cauliflower florets, potatoes, a pinch of salt, and cover with water.
Boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until vegetables are fork tender.
Using a blender, mix the vegetables with the vegetable stock from the cooking.
Return the soup to the pot, add the thyme, garlic, paprika and salt and mix well. Cook for 5 - 10 more minutes, stirring well and adjusting the seasoning as needed. If the soup is too thick, add more water until desired consistency.
Toast pistachios in skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Remove pistachios and add seeds stirring often for 30 seconds.
Grind pistachios and seeds coarsely with mortar and pestle.
- For more of a roasted flavor in the soup roast the main ingredients vs. boiling. Note, you may lose some of the bright purple color
- Color tends to wash out when cooking and will vary depending on the vegetables. Red onions and the daikon definitely will whether you boil or roast. If boiling the potatoes will bleed purple into the water so when you blend, that color is still there.
- Consider size of vegetables and impact it will have on cooking time and thus flavor. Smaller cut vegetables will cook faster and lose less color, but want have as intense of flavor.
- Definitely toast your spices to get more flavor into this dish
- Depending on desired level of creaminess, plan to add more water or stock.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 494IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel