Servings: 6 people
Turn the Instant Pot on "Saute" and heat the olive oil. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, brisket, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Give the brisket an opportunity to release some of its flavor.
Turn the Instant Pot off, and stir in the apple cider vinegar, stock, maple syrup, pepper sauce and any additional seasoning. Be sure to deglaze the pan.
Add the collard green leaves, pushing down into the pot if needed.
Lock the lid, and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
When the timer goes off, quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Season the greens with more salt and pepper sauce to taste. Stir to make sure the flavors are combined well. Let warm for 5-10 minutes or more before serving.
- Don't bother smoking a brisket on your own unless that's your thing. Buy desired amount from your favorite BBQ joint.
- Saute the onions first to caramelize and release that natural onion sweetness. Instant Pots aren't Crock-pots. Use the saute feature to add some depth of flavor in your dishes. Plus turning on the saute function while you prep saves you time as you're essentially pre-heating the pressure cooker.
- Be sure to deglaze the pan with a bit of the broth after sauteing the onions as that adds even more flavor.
- Season generously to compensate for any lost flavor you forsake with a quick cook.
- Let the brisket cook a little bit on saute to render some of the fat and flavor.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1261mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6020IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel