Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 oz white fish fillet (Grouper) cut into 3/4 in cubes
- 2 teaspoons green chile (jalapeno or serrano) seeds, vein removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 small lemons juiced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 whole sweet potato peeled, boiled and cut into 4 slices
- 1 corncob cooked and kernels removed
- 1 medium avocado diced
Place the fish in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. After a minute add the garlic and chile. Mix together well.
Pour lemon juice over the fish. Stir, place in refrigerator covered and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Add the cilantro and red onions. Mix well and adjust seasoning for taste.
Serve with sweet potatoes, corn and avocados.
This recipe also works with limes.
For variation grapefruit and orange make for interesting citrus options if you want to change things up.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 1249mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 442IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg