Servings: 2 people
Wash and dry chicken thighs
Cut 2-3 slits into the chicken (skin side)
Marinate the chicken overnight massaging the marinade in well
Remove the chicken from refrigerator. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels then let come to room temperature.
Pre-heat Instant Pot using “Saute” settings on highest level “More”
Sauté skin side down on hot for 4 1/2 minutes
Flip cook for another 2 minutes. Cancel the Saute. Remove chicken and set aside
Add reserved marinade plus chicken stock to the pot, mix well deglazing the pan as you go.
Add chicken back and cook 10 minutes then quick release
Broil optional 1 1/2 minutes
- Wear latex glove when handling the peppers as they are FIRE! You don’t want to touch anything parts of your body with scotch bonnet pepper juice on your fingers no matter how much
- Pat dry the chicken before sautéing then brown them well for more flavor and better texture
- Browning the chicken is a key step. Don’t skip!
- Before cooking the chicken, dilute the marinade with stock or water. Thick sauces like jerk, tomato, etc. tend to result in “Burn” warning on the Instant Pot which will cause the Instant Pot to shut down.
- Reduce the sauce via saute function and serve with the chicken
- Finish the cooked thighs on the grill or under the broiler for more caramelization and crispier skin
Calories: 925kcal | Carbohydrates: 119g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 4010mg | Potassium: 4877mg | Fiber: 82g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 70236IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 790mg | Iron: 42mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel