Servings: 4 people
- 4 large very ripe tomatoes cored and cut into rough chunks
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and cut into rough chunks
- 1 medium red onion peeled and cut into rough chunks
- 1 medium bell pepper (color of your choice), cored, seeded, and cut into rough chunks
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices of bread crusts removed torn into rough 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons sherry or balsamic vinegar plus more for serving
- Basil amaranth, or parsley for garnishing
Place bread pieces in a small bowl.
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, pepper, garlic, pepper, and salt in large bowl and mix well. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Pour the juices off into the bowl with the bread allowing the bread to soak up the juices.
Transfer mixture and bread to processor/blender and pulse for 15-20 seconds depending on your preferred consistency.
Remove from blender and put in a large bowl. Taste and add additional seasoning as needed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Freeze serving bowls during this time as well.
To serve drizzle each bowl with olive oil, a few sprinkles of vinegar, extra cracked black pepper, and strips of herbs.
Two key things with this recipe is to choose very ripe tomatoes and to make sure the soup is absolutely chilled.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2010IU | Vitamin C: 59.7mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos. Click the bell icon to be notified when I post new videos.
My YouTube Channel