These are the features you can expect from this fresh new theme from the makers of Foodie Pro:
- Large hero area for featured posts
- Widgetized home page for a flexible layout
- Upload your own retina-quality logoÂ and favicon OR simply type in your blog title to match the default styling
- Recipe filter index (built with the power of FacetWP)
- Flexible grid archive options in Customizer
- Strategic areas for ads and opt-ins: Â header, primary sidebar, secondary sidebar, after entry widget, footer widgets
- Built-in Featured Posts widget with flexible options
- Works with HeartThis (WPSiteCare built this plugin just for us!)
- Built-in shortcode to display limited categories
- WooCommerce ready so you can add your own products and/or affiliate links!
- Clean color scheme to highlight your branding & photos
- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Built in â€œread moreâ€ button
- Styled responsive drop down menu
- Landing page template (full width template)
- Styled share buttons, subscribe widget, contact form, and comment form
- Easily integrates with your email subscription service
What else will I need to make this theme work?
This child theme requires the Genesis Framework, which must be purchased separately. Need managed hosting? We’reÂ raving fans ofÂ Flywheel! While not required to make the theme work at it’s basic level, we recommend the following plugins for full functionality:
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- WP Featherlight
What size should my logo be?
We recommend a header size of 640 Ã— 300 pixels and you can upload your logo in the Customizer. You’ll have the option to crop if you need to. Or, if you donâ€™t have a logo, you can simply type in your blog name and it will be styled just like the word â€œCook’dâ€ is on the demo.
Take note: You’ll need to upload a logo sized at 640 x 300, it will only appear as 320 x 150. This is because retina screens need a double resolution to appear clear. While this logo area may appear small to some, it has been optimized for placement on all screen size, including mobile devices.
How big should my post images be?
To make full use of the theme and it’s built-in thumbnail sizes, you’ll need to make sure that your featured image is at least 1170 x 800 pixels. We also recommend including a Pinterest-optimized vertical image within the body of your post. All other images can be flexible in width, but to fill the full width of the post area, try to shoot for photos that are at least 780 pixels wide.
On the flip side, you don’t want to upload images that are too big. If this is a concern for you, check out the TinyPNG plugin to compress images on upload.
How does the “Read More” button work?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, a “Read More” button will automatically appear for you. You can also use the MORE tag to insert the button when displaying full content.
What if I have more questions? How can I get support?
Can you install and customize it for me?
Absolutely! Check out our Done For You services for more details.
This page contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support Feast at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we’re madly in love with.