Welcome, my peeps, to a delightful adventure in the realm of air frying. Today, we embark on a journey to unlock the secrets of perfectly cooked brats, infused with soulful flavors and a tantalizing crispness, all thanks to the wonders of the air fryer.
Get ready to savor every juicy bite and relish in the convenience and deliciousness of this air fryer brats recipe.
Looking for an easy air fryer brats recipe? You've come to the right place for easy cooking brats! This recipe is simple, delicious, and perfect for busy weeknights when you need a quick easy dinner on the table.
There's nothing quite like a brat fresh off the grill, but sometimes grilling just isn't an option. That's where the air fryer comes in. You can get that same grilled taste without firing up the grill, and it's pretty quick and easy to do. Just pop your brats in the air fryer and let it do its thing.
In about 15 minutes, you'll have perfectly cooked brats that are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. So next time you're craving brats but don't want to deal with the grill, give air frying a try. You won't be disappointed.
This recipe comes together quickly requiring very little effort, planning, or ingredients. The air fryer does all the work. The most you'll do is make decisions about which toppings to include.
I don't use my air fryer a lot, but this has to be one of the more easy air fryer recipes.
I typically like to keep things simple when cooking easy air fryer brats. My favorite toppings are basic relish and mustard. But, the options are endless depending on your personal preferences and what you have on hand.
I chose to change things up a bit and jazz my toppings game up with a fancy mustard I doctored up.
Beats and Eats (music to pair with your favorite brats)
Brats are easy and comforting and remind me of a Leon Ware track, especially "French Waltz." He delivers the song so effortlessly but it's got so much soul and sultriness going for it.
Air Fryer Brats Ingredients Needed
So, if you're looking for an easy air fryer recipe for brats here's what you'll need:
- Raw Brats
- Grainy Mustard
- Harissa Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Brat Buns or Hoagie Rolls (optional)
How To Air Fry Brats (Step by Step)
To air fry bratwurst preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
Add the uncooked brats to the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes. Rotate the brats halfway through cooking.
While the brats are cooking make the sauce. Mix together the dijon, grainy mustard, harissa sauce, and honey in a medium bowl. Set aside.
After the brats are done, remove and set aside. If making 'hot dogs' add the hot dog buns and cook for 1 minute.
Serve with your desired toppings and for me that's usually a good mustard, relish, and onions.
What To Serve With Brats
When it comes to selecting delectable accompaniments for brats, the options are as vast as your imagination. Here are a few delightful suggestions to elevate your bratwurst feast:
- Brioche Buns: Serve your brats in soft and slightly sweet brioche buns. Their buttery texture and subtle sweetness perfectly complement the savory flavors of the sausages.
- Sauerkraut: Embrace the classic pairing by serving tangy sauerkraut alongside your brats. The sour and crunchy cabbage adds a refreshing and acidic element that balances the richness of the sausages.
- Mustard Trio: Create a mustard trio by offering a selection of different mustards. Traditional yellow mustard, spicy brown mustard, and whole grain mustard provide a variety of flavors and intensities to suit every taste.
- Grilled Peppers and Onions: Enhance the bratwurst experience with a medley of grilled onions and peppers. The smoky sweetness of the caramelized vegetables adds depth and texture to each bite.
- German Potato Salad: Introduce a side of German potato salad to your bratwurst spread. The tangy and creamy dressing, combined with tender potatoes and crispy bacon, creates a satisfying and comforting complement to the sausages.
- Pretzels: Add a touch of Bavarian charm by serving warm pretzels alongside your brats. The salty and chewy goodness of pretzels pairs well with the hearty flavors of the sausages.
- Beer: A bratwurst feast wouldn't be complete without a refreshing beverage. Pair your meal with an ice-cold beer, such as a crisp lager or a flavorful craft brew, to enhance the overall experience.
- Coleslaw: Add a fresh and crunchy element to your bratwurst meal with a side of coleslaw. The creamy dressing and vibrant cabbage create a pleasant contrast to the savory sausages.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Elevate your side dish game with a serving of crispy sweet potato fries. Their natural sweetness and crispy texture provide a delightful contrast to the rich flavors of the brats.
Cooking Tips and Considerations For Best Air Fryer Brats Recipe
Be sure to preheat the air fryer before cooking. This will ensure that your brats cook evenly and thoroughly. Additionally, allow brats to reach room temperature before cooking.
I cooked four tasty brats in my air fryer oven. One package of brats is more than enough for my household. Be mindful of the size of your air fryer. You don't want to overcrowd the basket, so strive to add the brats in a single layer.
If you want extra flavor, try marinating the brats in beer (for beer brats) or your favorite sauce for a few hours before air frying them.
When air frying brats, be sure to oil the air fryer. I simply spray cooking oil. You can also use silicone mats or parchment paper o cook on within the air fryer basket.
To add some extra heat, try including your favorite hot sauce or spicy mustard in the air fryer.
When air frying brats, be sure to rotate them halfway through cooking for even browning and nice crisp skin on all sides.
For juicy brats don't overcook these. Longer cooking time can cause brats to burst and lose much of their moisture and crispy skin.
Cook time will vary slightly depending on size and thickness of your brats
For a delicious and easy side dish,try topping air-fried brats with potato chips, coleslaw, or caramelized onions! If you're really true to it add a bit of sauerkraut to your brats. Add your favorite condiments whether it's mustard, mayo, or ketchup.
I primarily just heat up buns in my air fryer and make sausage dogs, but you could also saute bell peppers and/or onions to serve with the brats.
Recipe works with other sausages like Polish sausage, andouille sausage, or other German sausage types
For those on a keto diet use lettuce in place of the buns.
Serve with sides like french fries, coleslaw, potato salad, mustard greens, or baked beans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Making Bratwurst In Air Fryer
What kinds of brats do you recommend?
Any popular brand will do, but you can't go wrong with the leader Johnsonville brats. I prefer the plain ones vs. those Johnsonville cheddar brats.
What are good substitutes for bratwurst?
If you don't have bratwurst on hand use any of your favorite sausages including kielbasa, Italian sausage, or chorizo. I also like andouille and from time to time will try meat substitutes like Beyond The Meat sausage.
What beer goes well with brats?
Just about any beer goes well with air fryer brats! I typically like to serve mine with a lager or pilsner.
Can you cook brats from frozen?
Yes you can air fry frozen brats! Just place frozen brats in the air fryer and cook frozen brats for an additional 3-4 minutes if cooking from frozen.
What temperature should brats be cooked to?
Brats should be cooked to an internal temperature reaches160 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Can you reheat brats in the air fryer?
Yes! Just cook for an additional 2 minutes if re-heating air fryer brats. Enjoy!
What Air Fryer Model Do You Use?
I have a NuWave 8 quart trusty air fryer. It's great as it's easy to clean and has sufficient capacity.
Special Equipment Needed
Obviously, you will need an air fryer. There are many types of air fryers, but I'm partial to frontloading toaster style. They tend to have more space and are easy to add and remove ingredients.
For More Air Fryer Recipes Try These:
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob w/ Jerk Butter
Make Air Fryer Bratwurst Sausage
And there you have it peeps - the air fryer, with its magical powers, transforms these humble sausages into succulent and perfectly cooked delights with a delightful crispness. Whether you're preparing a quick weeknight meal or hosting a gathering with friends and family, making air fryer brats will satisfy your cravings and leave everyone asking for seconds.
So fire up that air fryer, embrace the sizzle, and indulge in the soulful flavors of this easy and delectable recipe. Enjoy every juicy bite and let the aroma fill your kitchen with irresistible goodness. Cheers to the magic of the air fryer and the soul food that brings us all together!
If you make this easy air fryer recipe please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. Definitely take a photo of the dish and be sure to tag #foodfidelity so that I can see them.
You can also keep up with my food exploits as well as original recipes! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you like any of the music you find on the site, visit me at Spotify to find curated monthly playlists.
Lastly, go to my YouTube channel and subscribe to be notified when new weekly videos are uploaded.
- 4 Bratwurst sausages
- 1 tablespoon Grainy Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 4 Hot Dog Buns optional
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add the uncooked brats and cook for 7 minutes. Rotate the brats about halfway through cooking.
- While the brats are cooking make the sauce. Mix together the dijon, grainy mustard, harissa sauce, and honey in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- After the brats are done, remove and set aside. If making 'hot dogs' add the buns and cook for 1 minute.
Monday 9th of May 2022
These are a great idea when we want brats but we don't want to fire up the grill! Thank you!
Sunday 8th of May 2022
These were so easy to make! Loved how they turned out from the AirFryer. The harissa and mustard sauce is incredible!
Sunday 8th of May 2022
That sauce is super yummy! We served them in buns and it was a perfect easy dinner!
Sunday 8th of May 2022
These brats were great! So easy and made a great last-minute dinner. Thanks so much!
Sunday 8th of May 2022
My family loves brats , waiting for them to marinate in the beer was the hardest part lol. I am always looking for new recipes to use my air fryer. Thanks for a great recipe , it's going into regular rotation.