Ensalada de Aguacate - an avocado salad that is the ultimate triple threat - flavor, easy, and healthy. Just slice, mix, and serve this vegetable side dish.
Avocado Salad Ingredients
Excluding salt and pepper this is a 5 ingredient salad recipe.
Hip Hop icons/producers Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad completed a joint record with many all-time great jazz musicians across the globe including Roy Ayers, Gary Bartz, Joao Donato, and Marcos Valle. It is outstanding and I highly recommend. I also appreciate the fact that it was a full collab in that both Younge and Ali Shaheed played instruments on all the tracks.
How to make Ensalada de Aguacate (step by step)
There are no real steps to this salad beyond slicing the avocado and mixing the dressing ingredients together. Do keep the skin on. I picked up this trick from Chef Chris Honor who runs a UK based restaurant.
I’ve actually eaten this salad as a lunch meal by itself. However, it’s really a side salad that makes for a good pairing with seafood or grilled dishes like the following:
Avocado Salad Expert Prepping Tips
- Toss the onions with the dressing first and let marinate 20 minutes to boost flavor
- Leave the skin on so that the salad holds its shape. This also prevents the avocado from browning so quickly
- If you have fresh herbs available use them, but don’t fret, the salad is still great with dried herbs
- Add sliced or cherry tomatoes for a twist. Canned tuna or chicken chunks are a good protein add.
- These could also be served as an appetizer
- Add feta cheese for additional flavor and texture
For similar recipes you might like, try these:
If you make this quick, easy and delicious avocado salad recipe or any other from the site, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. Definitely take a photo of the dish and be sure to tag #foodfidelity so that I can see them.
You can also keep up with my food exploits as well as original recipes! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you like any of the music you find on the site, visit me at Spotify to find curated monthly playlist.
- 2 Ripe medium avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 Small Red onion sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lime juices
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon dried or fresh oregano
- Kosher Salt
- Coarse black pepper
- Feta Cheese optional
- With skin on, cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit then cut each half into quarters.
- Place onions, garlic, olive oil, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and let the onions marinate 10-20 minutes.
- Add the avocados and massage well in the vinaigrette
- Taste and adjust as necessary before serving in mounds on individual plates.
Leave the skin on so that the salad holds its shape. This also prevents the avocado from browning so quickly
If you have fresh herbs available use them, but don’t fret, the salad is still great with dried herbs
Add sliced or cherry tomatoes for a twist. Canned tuna or chicken chunks are a good protein add.
These could also be served as an appetizer