Do you love tender yet crispy veggies? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! Today, I am going to show you how simple and easy it is to make air fryer green beans with a tangy lemon pepper sauce.
Not only can this delicious side dish be made in minutes, but it will instantly become a favorite of yours and your family because of its well-balanced flavor that everybody will enjoy. Plus, what’s even better; since everything is cooked in an air fryer these green beans contain dramatically less oil than frying them traditionally ever would!
Keep reading for my step-by-step guide on how you can quickly gain some culinary points with friends and family by serving up these wonderful air fried green beans at your next dinner gathering.
Beats and Eats (music to pair with green beans)
I like my green beans cooked simply but bold in flavor. 2 Live Crew's intro song "2 Live Is What We Are" is the perfect pairing. They were strictly hip hop in the beginning with simple bass-heavy beats accompanied by bold braggadocious lyrics!
Ingredients Needed To Make These Air Fryer Green Beans
- Fresh Green Beans
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves (use garlic powder as an alternative)
- White onion
How To Make Air Fryer Green Beans (step by step)
Make the Sauce
Place all the lemon pepper sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients well and set aside.
Cook Green Beans
Pre-heat air fryer to 380 degrees F
Trim the green beans by clipping the tips on each end of the beans with a pair of kitchen scissors. Rinse green beans thoroughly and pat them dry with a paper towel.
Toss the green beans in a light coating of olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.
Place in air fryer basket so that all the beans are sitting on one single layer. Air fry for about 8-10 minutes. Remove air fryer basket halfway to check and then finish cooking. Set beans aside once they're done. Beans should have some charring and be crispy but still tender on the inside.
Toss the cooked green beans with the lemon pepper sauce and serve immediately. Serve coated green beans as is or add freshly grated parmesan cheese for next level flavor.
Cooking Considerations and Tips For Making Green Beans in an Air Fryer
- For a shortcut use a good pair of kitchen shears to trim the green beans.
- You can use a light amount of oil for even cooking, or forgo the oil altogether for healthier green beans.
- Use a cheese grater to grate both the onion and the garlic directly into the sauce
- Adding spices such as lemon pepper sauce is also an easy way to add delicious flavor.
- Make sure to arrange green beans in a single layer to ensure they cook evenly. Cook in two batches if necessary.
- When using green beans in the air fryer, it’s important to consider how soft you want them to be. If you like green beans that are on the softer side, you can set the air fryer to cook them at a lower temperature and longer cooking time. Conversely, crispy green beans require higher temperatures and shorter cooking times.
- After about 5 minutes of cook time check the green beans every few minutes to ensure they don’t char or dry out.
- Taste test the beans and if desired for more doneness cook for additional time
- Once done, remove the green beans from the air fryer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The lemon pepper sauce is to die for. Make enough for leftovers and reserve for making fried wings or chicken thighs. You can also use on other vegetables like broccoli/broccolini or asparagus.
- Serve these green beans with other quick and easy sides like roasted okra, sauteed spinach, or grilled sweet potatoes. For main dish ideas consider pairing these with braised beef neck bones, Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken, or Jerk Fried Chicken.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Making Air Fryer Green Beans
How long do I cook green beans in an air fryer?
It depends on the desired level of doneness and the type of air fryer you are using. As a general rule, green beans can be cooked in an air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on them as the cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer.
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans in this recipe?
Fresh green beans are preferred due to taste and texture considerations. However, air fryers are perfect for cooking frozen green beans and other vegetables. If using frozen then make sure you thaw them first and add an extra 3-4 minutes cook time.
Should Fresh Green Beans Be Blanched Before Cooking?
You can but it's an unnecessary step for little to no gain in flavor or texture.
How Do You Store Leftover Green Beans?
If you plan to eat these next day store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate. I actually prefer to eat these fresh from the air fryer. The longer you wait the green beans lose their crispiness.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking green beans?
Yes, it's a good idea to preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before adding the green beans. This will help ensure that they cook evenly.
Can I add seasonings to my green beans before air frying?
Yes, you can add seasonings such as salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs and spices to the green beans before air frying.
How do I know when the green beans are done?
The green beans should be tender and lightly browned when they are done. you can use tongs or a fork to test doneness and if desired cook for additional time
For similar air fryer vegetable recipes try these:
Make This Easy Recipe
I hope you’ve been inspired by this air fryer green beans recipe! It makes for a truly delicious and healthy side dish, one that adds extra crunch and flavor to any meal that will make it a huge hit. Plus, it couldn’t be simpler or faster to make in your air fryer - why not give it a try?
It requires only very basic ingredients and won’t take more than 15 minutes from start to finish. So whether you serve it as part of a main course, as an appetizer, or even by itself as a quick snack, the results will never disappoint. Feel free to add seasonings of your choice or play around with different variations of the recipe.
If you make this great recipe or any other from the site, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. Definitely take a photo of the dish and be sure to tag #foodfidelity so that I can see them.
You can also keep up with my food exploits as well as original recipes! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you like any of the music you find on the site, visit me at Spotify to find curated monthly playlists.
Lastly, go to my YouTube channel and subscribe to be notified when new weekly videos are uploaded.
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans trimmed and washed
- 1 medium Lemon Juiced
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 Garlic cloves grated
- ¼ teaspoon Grated White onion
Make the Sauce
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients well and set aside.
Cook Green Beans
- Pre-heat air fryer to 380 degrees F
- Trim the green beans by clipping the tips on each end of the beans with a pair of kitchen scissors. Rinse green beans thoroughly and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the green beans in a light coating of olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Place in air fryer basket so that all the beans are sitting on one single layer. Air fry for about 8-10 minutes. Remove air fryer basket halfway to check and then finish cooking. Set beans aside once they're done. Beans should have some charring and be crispy but still tender on the inside.
- Toss the cooked green beans with the lemon pepper sauce and serve immediately. Serve coated green beans as is or add freshly grated parmesan cheese for next level flavor.