Smoked Cabbage Recipe
Smoked Cabbage: Cooking Tips
Smoked Cabbage: Taste Profile
Smoked Cabbage RecipePrint
- 1 large green or purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh herbs (cilantro or thyme sprigs)
- Adjust the heat on the smoker to low and cover. Allow the heat to reach 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the thin outer leaves from the cabbage. Cut the stem from the cabbage and slice it in half with a chef's knife. Cut out the core of the cabbage and discard. Cut the cabbage in quarters.
Coat the cabbage with 1/2 the olive oil and season it to taste.
- Arrange the cabbage quarters on their side on the smoker tray. Place the tray in the smoker and cover. Smoke the cabbage for 45 minutes.
Make a "mop" with the remaining oil and additional spices. Mop the wedges about 10 minutes before removing wedges from smoker.
Depending on desired doneness, you can finish in the oven (roasted 10-15 minutes at about 350 degrees).