This Sous Vide Vegetables recipe requires few ingredients and frees you up to work on your other offerings. You basically set the temperature of the water bath and forget about it.
I challenge my kids to be open and to try all types of food. From my perspective, your attitudes towards food dictate your attitude about a lot of things. That being said radishes are kind of where my kids draw the line. They just ain't going for it.
Daikon radish because of their cool color and maybe cucumber like appearance get a pass, but your plain ordinary radishes, nah, not so much. They're not fans of that raw, pungent flavor, hence the sous vide approach and the pineapple juice finishing touch to mellow out the radish and add a touch of sweetness. My kids also like technology and elevated food, so the fact that I say we're having roasted radishes cooked sous vide it makes it more palatable in their minds.
ROASTED RADISHES INGREDIENTS
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Pineapple Juice
Instructions for Roasting Radishes Sous Vide
Set up a water bath and set the temperature to 180 degrees F.
Halve the radishes and place them in a medium mixing bowl. Season the radishes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Add the seasoned radishes in a large ziplock plastic bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique.
Cook in the water bath for 45 minutes. Remove the radishes from the water bath and set aside on a plate. Open the ziplock bag and remove the radish. Place the reserved liquid from the bag in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Cook until the sauce is reduced by half. The consistency of the reduction should be runny syrup-like.
Add the radishes to the pan and saute quickly to get a bit of caramelization.
Go for smaller radishes as they cook faster.
You can vacuum seal these but it's tricky with the pineapple juice.
For the saute step add a bit of ghee for even more flavor.
MORE SOUS VIDE RECIPES
MORE RADISH RECIPES
Make This Recipe
If you make these Roasted Radishes in your sous vide please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. Definitely take a photo of the dish and be sure to tag #foodfidelity so that I can see them.
You can also keep up with my food exploits as well as original recipes! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you like any of the music you find on the site, visit me at Spotify to find curated monthly playlists.
- 1 pound radishes halved
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- Set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 180°F
- Place radishes in a medium mixing bowl and season with olive, salt, and pepper. Add seasoned radishes with pineapple juice in a large ziplock bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique. Place in the water bath and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- Remove radishes and set aside on a plate. Heat reserved liquid from bag in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until reduced by half. Consistency of reduction should be runny syrup like. Add radishes to the pan and saute quickly to get a bit a caramelization.