Quick and flavorful recipes for instant pot Brussel sprouts. Sprouts are braised in a coconut-based sauce for a great vegan side dish that’s as good as sprouts cooked with bacon or in butter.
Five ingredients less than 30 minutes.
I grew up a big Dragon Ball Z Fan; so many life lessons learned!
- Work hard to be your best, not necessarily the best!
- You fight harder when fighting for others, so be a part of something bigger than you
- Know when to walk away from a fight
- Don’t hold grudges. Make your enemies your allies.
- To hell with clicks, dare to be different
- Focus on continual learning
- Never stop developing your skills
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
How To Make Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts (Step by Step)
This recipe is cheating! It’s less than five ingredients in an instant pot. Despite such few ingredients, the flavor is big thanks to the combo of coconut milk and balsamic vinegar. The acidity cuts through the coconut milk fat while the cooking process also concentrates its flavor.
Step 1: Caramelize the onions
Step 2: Braise the Brussel sprouts
Step 3: Serve
We eat these as part of a nightly vegan menu that’s served family-style along with dishes like:
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Expert Cooking Tips
- Halve the sprouts to give them more surface area for cooking
- Use the best balsamic vinegar you can afford. Aged vinegar adds more complexity of flavor
- Saute the Brussel sprouts to get a nice caramelization
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can this recipe be made on the stove-top?
Yes this recipe is easily convertible. You can braise in a cast-iron skillet following a similar approach to the instant version. The trick is to cook the ingredients initially on high heat to get that caramelization as well as a reduction of the liquids for concentrated flavor. You can then simmer on low to fully cook the sprouts.
For other delicious Instant Pot recipes, try these:
Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Thighs
If you make this delicious Brussel sprouts recipe or any other from the site, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. Definitely take a photo of the dish and be sure to tag #foodfidelity so that I can see them.
You can also keep up with my food exploits as well as original recipes! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you like any of the music you find on the site, visit me at Spotify to find curated monthly playlists.
- instant pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium Red onion sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups Brussels Sprouts halved
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 15 oz can Coconut milk
- Turn the Instant Pot on “Saute” settings and add olive oil once the pan is hot. Add red onions and sauté 2-3 minutes. Season with half the spices.
- Add the sprouts and cook another 2-3 minutes to brown the sprout halves.
- Add the balsamic vinegar cooking 1-2 minutes. Stir the sprouts as needed.
- Turn off the “saute” settings. Add the coconut milk plus remaining spices. Mix well.
- Close the instant pot with lid. Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes then quick release and serve.
Use the best balsamic vinegar you can afford. Aged vinegar adds more complexity of flavor
Saute the Brussel sprouts to get a nice caramelization